Mist at Cape Tribulation had been operating for four years when Lilian Matulich and her husband Joachim took over the business in 2022.
Before Mist at Cape Tribulation, Lilian’s career in hospitality began in Zambia where she studied food production and hotel management. Her internship was at the internationally recognised Pamodzi hotel where heads of state, including the notorious Colonel Gadaffi, often stayed. Lilian met Australian-born miner Joachim (Kim) in Zambia over 20 years ago and the couple decided that their futures were in Australia.
Lilian and Kim were looking for a sea change and Cape Tribulation ticked all the boxes they were looking for which was, most importantly, sustainable eco-tourism.
The goal for Mist at Cape Tribulation is to make it your go-to destination where you are guaranteed peace, calmness and tranquillity without compromising luxury and the finer things in life.
Lilian’s favourite things to do in the Daintree Rainforest:
- Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef with Ocean Safari
- The board and beach walks
- Boat cruises (for bird and crocodile watching!)
- Exotic fruit tasting and eating Daintree ice cream
- 4WD tours along the Bloomfield track to Cooktown and back
- Meeting the locals through dining experiences and frequenting the local pubs that sometimes have a local musician playing on a weekend